What is a Birth Doula?
- provide emotional support, physical comfort measures, and an objective viewpoint, as well as help you obtain the information you need to make informed decisions.
- become familiar with your expectations, hopes, and concerns about the birth of your baby.
- remain with you as a constant support throughout the labour and birth process.
- provide guidance to partners, encouraging them to participate at their own comfort level.
- help you and your partner create an ideal atmosphere for your birth experience at home or in the hospital.
- recognize childbirth as a key experience that you will remember for the rest of your life.
"When I think back to my birth with my doula, I actually get somewhat nostalgic
as it was such a positive experience!"