What is a Postpartum Doula?
- offer education, quiet non-judgmental support, and companionship during the postpartum period.
- assist with newborn care, family adjustment, meal preparation, and light household chores.
- offer evidenced-based information on:
– infant feeding
– emotional and physical recovery from childbirth
– infant soothing
– coping skills for new parents
- provide appropriate referrals when necessary.
"Our doula was a tremendous asset to me as a postpartum doula. She proved to have the "magic touch" with him and helped me to better understand his sleeping/feeding needs during the first few months."
"My doula was available for questions day and night, this made the postpartum period easy."