Find a Doula
To find a doula using the form below:
- Select the date you require a doula
- Enter your postal code (to narrow the search down to doulas who service your area)
- Select the type of doula you are looking for (birth or postpartum)
- Click on 'Show Available Doulas'
- Browse the doula profiles who meet your requirements & contact those you are interested in
- Follow up by phone with the doulas that respond and do a mini phone interview!! (see our suggested questions to ask a doula)
- Pick a few doulas from these phone interviews and interview them in person with your partner or anyone else who will attend the birth with you
- Hire & create a written agreement with the doula that is the best fit for you
DSA doulas are the proprietors of their doula business. They agree to our Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. It is not mandatory for doulas to join our organization to be considered a doula. All Members MUST agree to our Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, Doulas who practice outside of the Standards of Practice or Code of Ethics can be brought to the attention of our Board of Directors.
DSA doulas are responsible for the content of their own profiles and websites. The DSA does not monitor its members' websites or their doula profiles and cannot be held liable for any of the content. Any concerns regarding objectionable content can be brought to the attention of the DSA Board of Directors at: email@example.com and we will address the concerns.
If you still have unanswered questions , please contact our Referral Coordinator at 604-515-5588 or 1-877-365-5588 (toll free).
We provide referral services to families in British Columbia.