Stepping Into Your Power as a Feminist Entrepreneur: a Workshop for Birth Workers with CV Harquail
Feminist Ticketing Tiers
As part of our exploration of feminist pricing strategies, we'll be using a tiered ticket format. Please note, all profits will be going directly back in to the Doula Fund.
The Steadfast Ticket is for birthworkers who are financially secure and covers the cost of your participation. - $25
The Supporters Ticket is for birthworkers who are able to contribute, beyond the cost of your own ticket, to add extra funds towards the doula fund and to help cover the costs for those in the Solidarity Ticket level. - $40
The Solidarity Ticket is for folks with limited financial resources; your tickets will be supported by the community. $10
We are also offer 5 scholarships to BIPOC and QT folks. If you would like a scholarship, please contact us.
To select the ticket option that feels right for you, draw on the wisdom and example of Holly Poole-Kavana at Red Bird Botanicals. Holly created this guidance (below) which we cite with gratitude.
“Consider choosing a lower ticket level if you:
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer
Consider choosing a higher ticket level if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, physical ability, etc.) Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, I ask you to recognize this as a choice."